EDEPS header
Licensed Occupation
Licensed Occupation      (United States)

License Description:
Customs brokers must pass an exam to obtain a license. Further information can be found at the US Customs Service web site: http://www.customs.gov/xp/cgov/import/broker_management/.

License Agency:
United States Customs Service
1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Room 5.2B
Washington DC 20229

License Description:
The Purser, one of a ship's staff officers, is required to obtain a Certificate of Registry (COR). To obtain a COR requires completing first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training within the past 12 months and meeting medical fitness standards. A Junior Assistant Purser requires no experience. A Senior Assistant Purser requires 180 days, a Purser requires 360 days, and a Chief Purser requires 720 days of service aboard vessels while performing duties related to the purser's office. Further information can be found at the United States Coast Guard web site http://www.uscg.mil/stcw/index.htm, http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/get-cfr.cgi?TITLE=46&PART=10&SUBPART=H&TYPE=TEXT, and the Federal Code of Regulations (46CFR10) at http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_02/46cfr10_02.html.

License Agency:
United States Coast Guard National Maritime Center
2100 2nd St., SW
Washington DC 20593-0001

Source: CareerOneStop, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL).
Note: Information on licensed occupations is gathered in each state by Labor Market Information units under a grant from USDOL. States are required to submit updated license information once every two years.