EDEPS header
Licensed Occupation
Licensed Occupation      (United States)

License Description:
To become certified as a Flight Engineer requires that the individual have either training or experience. Passing a written exam and a practical test and having a current medical certificate are also required. This certificate is valid until it is surrendered, suspended or revoked. Detailed information can be found on the web sites: http://umet-vets.dol.gov/flightengineer.htm and http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/cfrhtml_00/Title_14/14cfr63_00.html, parts 63.31-63.43.

License Agency:
Federal Aviation Administration
800 Independence Ave., SW
Washington DC 20591

Source: CareerOneStop, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL).
Note: Information on licensed occupations is gathered in each state by Labor Market Information units under a grant from USDOL. States are required to submit updated license information once every two years.